Re: [Evolution] Send/Received grey out

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 09:23 +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:
[cut]
You need to tell the system that the network interface is managed by NM.
Even if the network is working, if NM is not registered as managing it
then some apps including Evo and Firefox will think you aren't
connected.
That is bad news for me. As NM is very imperfect I simply do not use it
at all. It doesn't allow me to configure many things I used to set up
in /etc/interfaces like HWADDRESS.
      Are you sure this is working this way? I have a working Evo 2.28.3 nad
my NM is not even installed.

Yes, that's fine - if NM isn't installed, Evo doesn't use it.  If it's
there, Evo uses it (and believes what it says).

P.