Re: [Evolution] Send/Received grey out

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 13:48 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 08:45 -0300, Sylvia SÃnchez wrote:
Knetwork Manager doesn't show me any connection. Is this right? How
can I fix it?  Is important if it  is KDE front-end or Gnome
front-end?  I have a good connection in all programs but Evolution.

I don't know anything about KDE I'm afraid - but certainly in Gnome you
need to tell Network Manager that you have a wired (or even wireless)
connection and then things work.  If you have no connection showing in
Network Manager, then Evo probably thinks there is no network connection
on your machine and so doesn't connect.

You need to tell the system that the network interface is managed by NM.
Even if the network is working, if NM is not registered as managing it
then some apps including Evo and Firefox will think you aren't
connected.

The front-end to NM can be nm-applet (Gnome) or knetworkmanager (KDE),
it doesn't matter. I'm not familiar with Debian, but under Fedora the
easiest route is to run system-config-network from a Shell and mark the
interface as managed by NM.

poc