Re: [Evolution] unsubscribe

Thanks for wasting my time reading through your rant. Have fun with
kmail.

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 15:34 +0200, Krzysztof BÅaszkowski wrote:
I know another joke like this and it goes as follow:

evolution user wants to write new mail to a recipient from address book.
the recipient has a few addresses (e.g. company) let's say he has 3. btw
it is not possible to assign more than 4, why ?

okay, user uses "contacts", selects right recipient and points some
address in the middle of the list displayed in bottom right window (that
one with contact's personal information).

user writes mail, sends it and oops, he notices that the mail was sent
to 1st address from the list of all defined mail addresses.

then he opens contacts again and does a few tests which make him sure
that no matter which address he pointed the mail composer would use
always the 1st address from the list.

Was it funny ?
I think it is far more than winder dll story because it is regarding
qualifications of evolution developers. (some readers must be told this
directly)

I found also a rule how these addresses are sorted and it is not
alphabetical neither doesn't depend on position of email field from
"open" form (that one for editing contact's properties). cool. it
depends on something else. i will not tell.

But more seriously. I reckon that such errors are not supposed to happen
in a project which lasts for years. (i would make more allowances if the
project started 3 months ago). Such errors show only poor code quality
(people quality) and lack of QA or poor QA quality. (such people should
be fired out).

another my conclusion is that if Novell wants to sell SLEDx with such
applications then i can say to Novell sales (and i bet not only me),
sorry folks i will not spend a penny on such crap. (i hope if a few
"coding" kids were fired then maybe others would do theirs job more
carefully)

you may don't like words like "crap" or "rubbish" but have you ever
thought if it changes something ?

i can tell you that it doesn't matter. evolution will not work better if
you replace something you dislike by word like "a flaw".

that's it. now i think about unsubscribing because it's a waste of time
receiving more post.

one more. openSuse doesn't have gtksudo (why ?) i had to use kdesudo
otherwise i wouldn't even bother with Gnome. Ksnapshot is also far more
convenient.
Krdc too, will not mention Kdiff3.

i consider also moving back to Kmail (under Gnome of course)