Re: [Evolution] <Headers only delivery option in Evolution>

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 16:46 +0400, alexander razmakhaev j-r ru wrote:
Dear Community,

Though I'm new to Evolution, I've found it pretty powerful groupware
client. Thank you for developing such nice solution.
However, despite Evolution is extremely powerful mail and groupware
client, it lacks feature of mail headers delivery, widly spread in
alternative mail clients (relates to POP3 mailboxes at least). The
feature makes much sence for the environments, where there is Internet
connection with limited amount of traffic provided. If the option is
implemented, end user could mark and download relevant mails when low
importance items like spam, unwanted advertising mails etc. could be
deleted without being read.

Could you explain a bit more? I don't understand what you mean by
"feature of mail headers delivery".

Note that selective downloading is provided for IMAP.

Could anyone please bring some comments on whether this feature is
planned or elaborated at least? I'd be very grateful if forward my
"broadcast" mail to those who are ivolved on this point.

You can do this yourself. Create an account on http://bugzilla.gnome.org
and add a feature request on the Evolution page. If you do so, post the
report number here in case anyone wants to comment.

poc