[Evolution] Huge delays when creating appointments

Hello, all.  We almost have Evolution working with Zimbra after patching
the webdav Contact code.  The last big problem we have is an enormous
(almost a minute) delay when creating appointments.  I have a sneaking
suspicion it has more to do with our Gnome setup (KDE is the main
desktop environment).  I noticed the appointment icon is missing from
the appointment as well as from the Tasks and Memos bars on the calendar
page - just the red X.  Running from the command line is not providing
any useful information on stdout/stderr.  What might it be missing and
looking for? Thanks - John