Re: [Evolution] Evolution Aid

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 10:12 -0300, Federico Mendez wrote:
> Hello everyone. I need aid! How do I Send the same e-mail to several
> of my co-workers at the same time without them appearing on CC or
> CCO?.

Use Bcc. That's what it's for.

> I would also like to know how to add something to the mail body
> according to a .xlm or ..txt so each mail is different... for example
> if I want to referr to each of their's possition (eg Dear X, I am very
> pleased with your work as a X for this company)

You can't do this directly, although you could presumably create a
template and send the messages one by one. I assume you've already
discounted that.

This kind of programmed use is better done outside of Evolution, using a
script with a simple command-line client such as sendEmail (Google for
it).

just read this article yesterday http://www.labnol.org/software/mail-merge-with-gmail/13289/ .. I havent tried it myself, but it might just be the solution that you are looking for.

HTH
-- Sarfraaz