Re: [Evolution] Migrating Evolution

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 09:13 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 07:56 +0000, Steve T wrote:
Is there a standard way to migrate Evolution between different OSes?

I tend to use FC and have in the past simply copied the 'home' folders
( .evolution and .gconf from recollection) when I have moved up
version of Fedora. Is that the 'correct'/'recommended' way - or is
there some form of 'export' that should be done on the old OS that is
'imported' into the new?

I was always a bit concerned that simply copying files around may
'break' something that has changed in a new version of Evolution.

Read the FAQ:

I had read that section - but I couldn't see  that that covered moving
between releases of Evolution. I am moving between say, FC4 and FC12 or
FC9 and FC12 and my concern was that maybe the underlying 'files' and
their structure may have changed between the releases - so just backing
up and restoring wouldn't work. But if that is the recommended way, then
that's fine.
Evolution-list mailing list
Evolution-list gnome org