[Evolution] Migrating Evolution

Is there a standard way to migrate Evolution between different OSes?

I tend to use FC and have in the past simply copied the 'home' folders ( .evolution and .gconf from recollection) when I have moved up version of Fedora. Is that the 'correct'/'recommended' way - or is there some form of 'export' that should be done on the old OS that is 'imported' into the new?

I was always a bit concerned that simply copying files around may 'break' something that has changed in a new version of Evolution.