Re: [Evolution] Can't hide rootdn in an LDAP Address Book

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 17:31 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I've setup an openldap server and created an LDAP address book in
Evolution 2.28.2.  No matter what I do, I can't figure out how to
prevent the rootdn from appearing in the address book.

ldapsearch shows the rootdn is defined as follows:
  dn: cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com
  cn: Manager
  objectClass: organizationalRole

I do not bind to the ldap server using the rootdn and I've even tried
adding a search filter (objectClass=evolutionPerson) to the address
book's properties.

Is there any way to prevent the rootdn from appearing in the address
book?

I'm still struggling with this issue.  Is it normal for the rootdn to
appear in an LDAP address book?  Do other people see the rootdn for
their ldap servers in their LDAP address books?  If this is normal then
I'll just give up.

Normally the entries are put into a separate ou so that you don't see
things like the rootdn.  The search base is then something like
ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

P.

Thanks Pete.  That did the trick.  I was using the search base found by
the 'Find Possible Search Bases' button. I added my address book's ou to
the search base and things are as I expect them.

Now to figure out how to get things working on port 636.

Thanks,
  Norm