Re: [Evolution] won't expunge/empty trash

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 00:01 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 22:27 -0400, Carpet Nailz wrote:
I keep getting an error message when I try to Empty Trash or Expunge
Folder.

What is the error message? Without knowing that, we can only guess at
the problem.

All is says is "Error while expunging folder."

I also tried to reduce the size of a large folder by moving some
mail to a different folder and got the same kind of error message.

If you moved it to a different real folder without expunging the
original folder, you now have two physical copies of each "moved"
message.

No--I was moving it to a different Evolution mail folder.

There are now about 175 emails in my Trash folder that won't go away.

Trash is a virtual folder. The original mails are in exactly the same
place they were before, just marked for deletion. Because of the expunge
problem, you didn't actually move anything, you copied it.

Right. My point was to indicate how many there were that aren't being
expunged. I.e., some are being expunged, but each time there seem to be
a few more there that aren't being expunged--now up to 175.
poc