Re: [Evolution] mail client application

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
> > Message: 6 Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:39:34 -0430 From: Patrick
> > ÂO'Callaghan <poc usb ve> To: evolution-list gnome org Subject: Re:
> > Â[Evolution] mail client application Message-ID:
> > Â<1277309374 23416 5 camel bree homelinux com> Content-Type:
> > Âtext/plain; charset="UTF-8"
> > On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 13:46 +0530, vijay singh wrote:
> > > I am trying to write my own usr interface to access mail using
> > > evolution,for the same i trying to crate account and trying to access
> > > mail.
> > I still have no idea what that means. Do you mean you want to write a
> > new front-end to Evo that continues to use evolution-data-server?
> > poc
> > PS Please stop top-posting on this list. It makes threads unnecessarily
> > hard to follow and annoys a great many people. Since you want to get
> > your feet wet in email programming, start by showing you know how to use
> > mailing lists correctly.
> Yes i want to write my own front end by using EDS.
> Can you please suggest me solution for my problem.

Come on; if you insist on replying to digest messages at least TRIM YOUR
@^&*&@$ REPLIES! Â[Remove all but the bit you are replying to, you added
two lines of content to over *400*]. ÂIt is in your own interest to do
so, it would be very easy to entirely miss your additional content in
the midst of the mass of unrelated text.

That's all very well, but the larger issue is that he keeps replying to digests. This is completely unacceptable. He's already shown that he can post normal messages. There is NO excuse for continuing this abusive behaviour. Please don't encourage it by answering any questions embedded in quoted digests. I've called him on this several times now, and none of his responses even address the issue.ÂHe clearly is not listening or is not capable of understanding what the problem is.ÂUntil he wakes up and decides to follow normal list netiquette, my advice is simply to ignore him.

poc