Re: [Evolution] Question about Evolution on Linux

On 06/18/2010 12:45 AM, Jeffrey Needle wrote:
I'm using the latest build of Evolution on a Ubuntu Linux Desktop
install.

When I check for new mail, I'd love to be able to just check for my
e-mail.  I have several newsgroups set up, but it's nothing but trouble
the way Evolution seems to be acting.  It hangs forever as it tries to
connect with a newsgroup.

How can I tell Evolution to check only the e-mail account, and not the
newsgroups?

Thanks!

Not only will it connect with each newsgroup, you have no ability to
limit the amount of headers that it fetches. This has been a longtime
Evolution complaint & is the primary reason why I stopped using
Evolution for newsgroup reading. Try subscribing to a gmane.org
newsgroup like gmane.comp.openoffice.questions with a total of 151,451
messages the first time, or even this newsgroup with a total of 8597
messages, or worse yet, gmane.ubuntu.linux.user with a total of 219,950
messages.

Use Thunderbird or SeaMonkey for newsgroups (and/or email); at least
with those you can limit the amount of headers you wish to download.