Re: [Evolution] Installing evolution

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 09:34 -0700, larrysla66 znet com wrote:
Hello, I have downloaded and extracted evolution 2.30.1 in Fedora 10. How do
I install 2.30.1? The about evolution box still says 2.24.5. Thanks, Larry

Do you mean you extracted a tar.gz file? If not, what do you mean?

Note that Fedora 10 is no longer supported (I mean the actual system,
not just Evolution). Evo 2.30 is available on Fedora 13 via the standard
system installation process ("yum install evolution"). I would strongly
recommend updating your system to F13 rather than trying to install Evo
on F10, but if that's not possible for some reason you'll essentially
have to compile it, plus some of the Gnome libraries, and install them
in a tree separate from the main system libraries. That of course means
downloading the source code.

poc