Re: [Evolution] Troubles after upgrades...

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 08:58 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 09:48 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
Hey all!

I recently upgraded my system from Fedora 12 to Fedora 13 and have been
having some problems with Evolution since.  This would have been an
upgrade to Evolution from 2.28.3-1.fc12 to 2.30.2-1.fc13.

I can't say I've seen any of these problems myself. The fact that at
least some date back to Fedora 9 makes me think the root cause is
something broken in your configuration. I suggest creating a new user
account on your system and trying Evo from there to see if the problems
persist. If so, go ahead and report to BZ, but if not, your best bet may
be to back up your mail, contacts etc., wipe ~/.evolution and
reconfigure it from zero.

Forgot to mention that you might also need to wipe your Gconf data, but
leave that as a last resort. See the FAQ for hints on what files Evo
relies on, e.g.
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#Is_there_an_easy_way_to_set_up_Evolution.27s_configuration_information_on_many_computers.3F

poc