Re: [Evolution] Ctrl-S to save message does not work - Bug?

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 09:12 -0500, Chris wrote:
On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 09:27 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 07:48 -0500, Chris wrote:
Mandriva 2010.1, Gnome 2.30.0, Evo 2.30.2. Before filing a bug report I
want to find out if anyone else notices that the Ctrl-S key will not
bring up a window to save a message.

Do you mean from the composer or from the main mail-reading window? In
the composer there are a number of variants of Save, several of them
with shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl-S saves a draft and Shift-Ctrl-S saves the
message etc.). Do you mean these shortcuts don't work?

There are no shortcuts from the main window. Is that what you consider a
bug?

poc

In the main mail reading window and yes, it used to be there how else
are you supposed to save a received message? It's even shown in the
Quick Reference help:

Save selection  Ctrl+S

Therefore if I 'select' your message and press Ctrl-S a dialog window
should come up and ask me where I want to save the message, it sure
worked in the previous version of Evo that I was running with Mandriva
2010.0. Therefore I consider this a bug.

It doesn't make sense not to be able to save messages to a file.

You can save them to a file. It's called "Save as mbox", available both
from the File menu and via right-click on the message. I don't know why
it used to have a shortcut and now does not. Perhaps it was considered
to be of only occasional use. If you feel strongly about this, request
an enhancement on Bugzilla.

Note that the Quick Reference has Ctrl-S under "General", not
specifically under "Mail", so it may have a meaning in other parts of
Evo. I only use the Mail component so I wouldn't know.

I don't know if it's in the online Help, since frankly I think the Help
section is oriented as a tutorial and is pretty useless for reference
purposes.

poc