Re: [Evolution] Strange behaviour of POP account

On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 10:54 +0530, vijay singh wrote:
Hello,
I have seen strange behaviour of POP account after adding POP account on
evolution.

After connecting with POP account (Tried with yahoo account) on
evolution if i will go to yahoo.com and login then i am not able to view
any of my Inbox mail.

It is quite surprising for me that my complete E-mail got transfer to
machine where i have configured POP account on evolution.

Don't be surprised. This is the way POP works by default. Your mail is
downloaded and removed from the server. To change that, go to
Edit->Preferences-><account>->Receiving Options->Message Storage and
tick the box "Leave Mail on Server". You then need to plan on how you're
going to delete mail so as not to exceed your quota.

How can i get back all my mail into my yahoo login ??

You can't, unless you redirect it back to yourself (Message->Forward
As->Redirect), but of course you'll then receive it again and the dates
will have changed.

poc