Re: [Evolution] [Bulk] Re: Spam in 'Unmatched' folder no longer being removed when marked junk ?!?

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 12:06 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi Patrick;
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 22:19 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 21:32 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi;

Just virgin installed Fedora 13 with Evolution 2.20.3 upgrade.
Bogofilter s on.  Spam in 'Unmatched' folder no longer being removed
when marked junk. A copy then appears in Junk folder.  Deleting the spam
in 'Unmatched' deletes it from the 'Junk' folder as well.

Junk is a virtual folder like Trash, which partly explains what you're
seeing, i.e. the "copy" in Junk isn't a copy.

I understand they are virtual folders.  One of the problems, at least
for me, is that computerese steals so many good English words it is hard
to describe anything without resorting to common usage.

As to why it doesn't
vanish from the Unmatched folder, I haven't seen that since I never use
that folder. Have you changed anything in the View menu recently, such
as How Hidden Messages, Hide Deleted etc.? I see there's also a Messages
Not Junk option in the Quick Search (Show:) box, but I'm not sure what
it does.

I hadn't changed anything, just restored my settings and data with the
Evo File => Restore command after the new install.  Could a fresh
installation of bogofilter be causing this?

I don't see why it should, but check under Preferences->Mail
Preferences->Junk to make sure Bogofilter is selected and the binary is
installed. Just in case.

Very definitely, it used to stop showing messages in the 'Unmatched'
folder after they were flagged as junk.

It is not a huge problem.  But I was in the habit of keeping spam in my
Junk folder for a week before deleting/expunging it.  Once or twice mail
from a new address or mailing list got mis-identified.

Just checking if others have the problem and/or care before filing a
bug.

I'm not seeing it in Inbox, which is where junk actually lives. How
about you? Perhaps it's related to the fact that Unmatched is also a
virtual folder.

poc