Re: [Evolution] Server Deletes Mail

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 18:31 +0100, David Jones wrote:
Dear Group,

My ISP has recently changed the method of sending and receiving mail.

Mostly with no problem to me, just adding the SSL details to Evolution.

I'm using Evolution 2.28.1 under Ubuntu 9.10.

What is annoying is that I collect emails on several PC's, so I've set
my preferences to not delete the mail from the server on one PC, but it
still does.

Anybody else seen this?

I presume the option to leave the mail on the server is a standard
option and not just something that microsoft dreamed up?

It's a standard part of POP, but of course the server isn't obliged to
keep your mail forever. You should ask your service provider.

The real solution to this is to use IMAP instead of POP. If your
provider doesn't offer IMAP, set up a Gmail account to access your POP
mail and configure your client to read IMAP from Gmail.

poc