Re: [Evolution] Compositing Pet Peeve

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 19:24 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 18:33 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > ppl
> > >
> > > Er, yes we do.
> >
> > Yes. You certainly do just like everyone else here but none of my
> > clients do ;)
>
> Your clients presumably aren't using mailing lists. The objection to
> top-posting is strictly in the context of Internet mailing lists, which
> tend to have many members, last for many years, and have all their
> traffic archived. In other contexts, do whatever seems best. I often use
> top-posting in private communications.

Perhaps Philippe should file a bug against his clients =p.
:) Yes. I've tried brut force many times regarding top vs bottom posting. At one point I was even editing the message after each response to look at least bottom posted if not interleaved. I lasted about a month and gave up because everyone was so confused.

If it were up to me, I would choose to at least bottom post and ideally interleave.

But yes, Mailing Lists seem to be the ONLY place bottom-posting 'works'
anymore. In private (long) conversations you have to explicitly state
"reply interleaved" at the top to get anyone to read it.

We need a email netiquette revolution :P

Cheers,
Phil