Re: [Evolution] download sent mail...

Le lundi 25 janvier 2010 à 21:06 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan a écrit :
On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 00:34 +0100, No more cries wrote:
> ok... so bad...
>
> i'm sorry i'm french... i mean i send email at work, they stay on the
> server... and i would like evolution to bring them back in my email
> folders in evolution... don't know the words to say...repatriate the
> sent mails ?

"Download them" conveys the idea.

> just like the received one ! when i receive mails at work, then i get
> back home, evolution download them... but just the received, not the
> sent !
> weird they didn't think of that case...

Not really. This is the first time I've seen someone asking for this.

> maybe there is some equivalent that could do this ? because its
> important for me i get all the emails of the day in my folders once at
> home... not just the received ones..

As others have pointed out, this simply cannot be done using POP. It's
not possible because POP only understands a single folder on the server,
namely Inbox. Since the sent mails are in a different folder (actually a
different label in Gmail's model, but it amounts to the same thing)
there's no way a POP client can get at them.

You could I suppose manually move the sent mails back into your Gmail
Inbox, using the Web interface, but I'm guessing that's not something
you really want to do all the time. I don't think an automatic filter
would work because Gmail filters only trigger when mail is received, and
storing a copy of a sent message is not a message reception.

The proper solution is to use IMAP. It's superior to POP in every way.

poc

PS Please don't top-post on this list. Many people find it very
annoying.

ok sorry for top posting i 'm new but i got it now
thank you, i'll think about imap... and see if I can mix all the folders of my different accounts in the same local folders on the software by a trick or something..
be just like in pop same visualiization, same folders, but getting my sent mail..