[Evolution] Can't set alarm for meeting invites

I am running 2.28.2 and since upgrading I am not able to edit or set an
alarm on meeting invites I receive.  I get invites in the ics format and
when I press the "Open Calendar" button, the meeting is in the calendar
but when I open it all the icons are greyed out except print & close.
So I am unable to set an alarm for that event.  I was able to do this
with previous versions of evolution.  Is there another way to do set the
alarm?

                          Thanks,
                               Scott