Re: [Evolution] Save as.../export a thread to disc?

man, 04 01 2010 kl. 10:36 +0100, skrev Milan Crha:
On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 12:56 +0100, Kurt Hansen wrote:
I wish to save some threads from my news-account. When using the
Save-option in the File-menu, there is no way to specify the format;
it's saves as plain text and with the complete header information for
each message.

it's not only a plain-text format, it's an mbox format, which most of
the mail clients can import or open directly. Try to use:
Folder->Select Message Thread and then File->Save As.

The complete thread is saved in plain text and can be opened/edited with
Gedit. The problem is, that all the messages headers (up to 52 lines) is
included. Not very readable and too much work to do to clean up the text
file.

Is'nt it possible to save in e.g. HTML format with correct indention
of the replies in the thread or just anything else than plain text
with headers?

I'm not aware of anything, the nearest I would think of is a
File->Print, but it's probably not what you want.

The 'Print' command is not available when the complete thread is
selected (this is also a reply to Reid).

... but thanks for trying ;-)