[Evolution] connecting to outlook

Title: connecting to outlook

Dear Evolution Listfolk,

I've been researching my problem through your list archives and Google, but haven't found anything that matches the kind of problem I'm having.

I'm unable to get Evolution to connect to our Exchange 2003 server.  OWA is enabled, but the process of accessing it from a web browser requires downloading and installing a special OWA certificate.  In Firefox, I install the certificate (a .pfx file) via the Advanced tab under Preferences and decrypt it with a passphrase.  Then I go to the OWQ url and Firefox prompts me to select a certificate to identify the client.  This certificate is installed in the previous step.

I go through the normal process of adding an Exchange account to Evolution, get to the second configuration step and enter the OWL url and username, and click Authenticate.  The first time I try this, it hangs for a bit and I get:

Could not configure Exchange account because
an unknown error occurred. Check the URL,
username, and password, and try again.

On successive attempts, there's no hang time and I immediately get: "Could not authenticate to server"

I've tried various permutations of [DOMAIN]\[username] and using the ip instead of the server name.  I've added the .pfx cert to Evolution in the same manner that I did with Firefox, as well as adding the cert using gnome-keyring.  When running Evolution in Debug mode I get:

(evolution:30358): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Exchange_Component:2.28': Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred

** (evolution:30358): DEBUG: mailto URL command: evolution --component=mail %s
** (evolution:30358): DEBUG: mailto URL program: evolution
** (evolution:30358): DEBUG: Loading Exchange MAPI Plugin

** (evolution:30358): DEBUG: MAPI listener is constructed with 0 listed MAPI accounts
e-data-server-ui-Message: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring reports: No matching results)
e-data-server-ui-Message: Key file does not have group 'Passwords-Exchange'

(evolution:30358): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring reports: No matching results)

I'm not sure what's going on, but my guess is that either I'm doing something wrong or am missing some piece of software, or it's something to do with that certificate that's presented when logging in via the OWA in Firefox.  Anyone have any ideas?

Here's the info on the system I'm using:

Fedora 12
Linux 2.6.31.12-174.2.3.fc12.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jan 18 19:52:07 UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Packages:
evolution.x86_64                      2.28.2-1.fc12                     @updates
evolution-data-server.x86_64          2.28.2-1.fc12                     @updates
evolution-data-server-devel.x86_64    2.28.2-1.fc12                     @updates
evolution-data-server-doc.noarch      2.28.2-1.fc12                     @updates
evolution-exchange.x86_64             2.28.2-1.fc12                     @updates
evolution-help.noarch                 2.28.2-1.fc12                     @updates
evolution-mapi.x86_64                 0.28.2-1.fc12                     @update

Many thanks in advance!

...adam

Rock & Roll: (noun) African American slang dating back to the early 20th Century. In the early 1950s, the term came to be used to describe a new form of music, steeped in the blues, rhythm & blues, country and gospel. Today, it refers to a wide variety of popular music -- frequently music with an edge and attitude, music with a good beat and --- often --- loud guitars.© 2005 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication. It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). If this communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication.