Re: [Evolution] Export data from Evolution 2.28.1 to a standard spreadsheet format

On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 19:27 +0100, Landa wrote:
Does anyone know how you can export "contacts" from evolution to a
spreadsheet format? The VCF format is un-useable as it keeps all of the
VCF Trash and does not allow proper formating to eliminate the trash

Surely that's the point of Vcard/VCF format - if it didn't have the VCF
"trash" it wouldn't be a VCF format!!

I see no EXPORT function in my Evolution 2.28.1 menus

Probably your best bet is to use a VCF/Vcard to CSV converter - I've
never used one, but there seem to be plenty around on doing a google
search.

This is linked to the fact that if you set up a display by list of the
contacts, you can "see" them on screen correctly but cannot print them
as you see them ... nor can you change the printer views but this could
be linked to the printer drivers... I originally had a windows
printer ...

In that case you probably want a Vcard printing application.

P.