Re: [Evolution] Opening Evolution contact in address book freezes Evolution, Gnome

Am Mittwoch, den 29.12.2010, 12:07 +0100 schrieb Sean Carlos:
I'm using Evolution primarily for its address book functionality.

When I click on a contact, I very often find, but not always, that
almost everything freezes.  I can move my mouse, but I cannot interact
with any part of the gnome desktop, Evolution included.  Alt+Tab still
works, so if I already have a terminal window open, I can bring it into
focus and then kill the evolution process.  If I kill evolution,
interaction with the desktop is restored.
Any ideas?

Either run evolution in gdb (see
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml ), or if that does not
provide any interesting output maybe strace might be an option.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper