Re: [Evolution] Alert when sending to unqualified addresses.

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 09:56 +1000, Ian Mortimer wrote:
Just upgraded to 2.32.1 and so far everything is going well
except that any message to to an unqualified address gets an
alert:

   Are you sure you want to send a message with invalid address?
   The following recipient was not recognized as a valid mail address:

Under Composer Preferences/General/Alerts there are a number of
useful alerts that can be turned on or off but not this one.

Is there a way to disable this alert.  I can click on Send to have
the mail delivered but I do this a lot and I'd rather not have
the alert pop up every time.

Not as far as I know. Evo has no concept of a "default domain", since it
leaves that up to your local MTA, so it wants all addresses to be
canonical. File an Enhancement Request if you'd like this changed but
don't hold your breath. I seem to remember bringing this up many years
ago and it didn't get any traction then.

It's probably easier just to add the fully-qualified address to your
contacts list so Evo will insert it when matching a prefix.

poc