Re: [Evolution] What happened to Evolution?

On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 09:15 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 09:14 -0500, Darren Govoni wrote:
>   I recently upgraded Fedora 13 to Fedora 14.

I'm using openSUSE 11.3
Gotcha

> I've been using Evolution for many, many years.

Same here.
Yes. And I love it, but am nervous about the version I am using now.

> With this new gnome version it has become unstable and almost
> unusable.
> 1) I now get frequent "error storing folders", "error generating
> message list"

I don't get any such errors.
Great, so this means maybe mine is broke.

> 2) It's so slow. It is always "Storing folder", taking almost minutes
> to complete. Its on average 5-8x slower
> downloading, storing and viewing messages.

Performance [especially with IMAP+ provider] is really impressive.
Hmmm. Interesting.

> 3) Its very buggy. When new messages arrive, they no longer show up in
> the folder I'm viewing.
> I have to click another folder and click back to see them.
> 4) For the first time ever, it corrupted my email files and I had to
> recover from backup.
> What has happened here? And why doesn't Evolution use a database with
> ACID to store
> emails? Seems obvious to me.

If you run evolution in a window, perhaps with CAMEL debugging enabled,
do you see any interesting messages.
I'll look into that.

And saying you are using "Fedora 14" doesn't help.  What version of
Evolution are  you using?  I don't know off-hand what version of
Evolution every distribution ships with.
2.32.1

Every prior version from this one was great and never any issues or worries. But this one
has serious problems on Fedora 14.