Re: [Evolution] Evolution displays appointments in menubar dropdown but not in Calendar

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 13:53 +0100, Hubert D Wagner wrote:
Hello Mr Williams :
I  note your remarks. I believe the misunderstand arises because we
use different terms for parts of the GUI. I have come to Ubuntu
recently from Macintosh.
The menubar is the stationary bar at the top of the screen which
contains the Applications menu at left and certain icons as well as a
dropdown menu at right,

So, you mean the "panel".  I still have no idea what "dropdown menu at
right" - I assume you mean the date/clock that when clicked expans to
show a calendar, upcoming events, etc...

The 'save current page' icon I refer to is the left-most icon, in the
row of icons at top-left of the Contact definition window. This comes
up when one clicks on "New" in the Contacts window

I don't have any such button in the Contacts window.  I have a far-left
button in the Appointment dialog whose tooltip is "Click here to save
the current window".

To restate the problem : When I enter the text of an appointment in
the appointment definition window and click on the 'save current
page' icon, the appoiintment text does not appear in the Calendar
window. However, it does appear in the dropdown menu I refer to
above, below the month calendar. And of course I cannot delete those
appointments from the drop down menu because I cannot find them in
the Calendar window.
Is this clear enough?

Are you using a local calendar or a CalDAV server?  If you go forward a
month [in the month view] and then back does the appointment then
appear?

You remarked the version of Evolution delivered with 10.10 may be an
older version, i.e. not current. I wonder would an update cure the
problem?

I doubt it.  But Ubuntu users should be aware that their "latest" is
deliberately not-current.

 And if so, where might one obtain it?

No clue.