[Evolution] IMAP+ plugin for evolution v2.12.3

I have some folders with a large number of messages in them, when I use evolution v2.12.3 I get an error about Refreshing the folder when I try to browse to them. Smaller folders work just fine. One of the examples is a folder with 2,220 message in it. By using a machine with evolution version 2.30 I found that selecting the IMAP+ type instead of IMAP fixes the problem. Looking at the doc for IMAP+ one of it's features is to download messages in batches, so I think that's what I need.

However, I cannot upgrade my OS, so I am stuck with evolution 2.12 for now. Is there any way to either get the IMAP+ plugin for my version or to at least get the "download in batches" feature?

  thanks for your help,

  Thomas Walker