Re: [Evolution] Evolution-alarm-notify: not getting alarm notifications

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 21:52 -0500, Terry & Tina L. Karns wrote:
     I am running Ubuntu 10.10 with Evolution 2.30.3.  For some reason,
I don't get the evolution alarm notices unless I start
evolution-alarm-notify manually after I have started up evolution.
Evolution-alarm-notify is in the startup programs and appears to be
running when I sign in, but no noticies.  The calendar I am interested
in is being fed by davmail, which is pointed to an exchange calendar, if
that makes any difference.

        Hi,
evolution-alarm-notify works only for calendars which don't require
password or have password stored, so it's available on its start. I do
not know if you store your davmail calendar password or not, but this
just come on my mind as an often issue matching your description.

The reason why it works after you start evolution itself is that
e-calendar-factory now knows the password, actually has the backend
running already, and uses it in alarm notify process.

Thinking of it, maybe the davmail is started after alarm notify or is
not initialized fully, thus the calendar seems to be unreachable on the
alarm notify start. I'm only guessing here, though.
        Bye,
        Milan