Re: [Evolution] GUI question: clearing Inbox messages

My responses interspersed below, and thank you!

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 11:43 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 08:28 -0700, jim wrote:
A couple of times I've had the troubling experience
that while mousing about the mail GUI, much or all of
the contents of the Inbox (current folder) inadvertently
disappears. I certainly did not deliberately highlight
and delete, and seems unlikely to have done so without
knowing.
   I've used the command line to investigate: no clue.
It seems messages have been erased, not moved. Note that
not all messages are affected.
   Can't find clues in Evolution Help.
   What mouse or mouse-keyboard events select and clear
contents of mail folders?

Select-All + Delete + Expunge
JS: i certainly did not do this.

Which is pretty hard to do inadvertently.

I've accidentally switched the search filter or category filter before
and made everything *appear* to disappear.
JS: i have defined no filters or categories. this seems
something to chase down, but after looking i don't find
any history of such (that would have been inadvertently
made or some action taken on some default with just one
or two keyboard strokes and mouse clicks).

I've never had mailbox contents unintentionally go-away.
JS: this is the second (or third) time i've experienced
this. Currently: Ubuntu 10.04 and Evolution 2.28.3;
Formerly: Can't remember but certainly Ubuntu 8.X or 9.X
and the default Evolution + standard patches.