[Evolution] GUI question: clearing Inbox messages

   A couple of times I've had the troubling experience
that while mousing about the mail GUI, much or all of
the contents of the Inbox (current folder) inadvertently
disappears. I certainly did not deliberately highlight
and delete, and seems unlikely to have done so without
knowing.
   I've used the command line to investigate: no clue.
It seems messages have been erased, not moved. Note that
not all messages are affected.
   Can't find clues in Evolution Help.
   What mouse or mouse-keyboard events select and clear
contents of mail folders?
Hopefully, with thanks,
jim