Re: [Evolution] RFE: How about a Show Thread operation?

Am Donnerstag, den 26.08.2010, 00:19 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
In mailing-list folders, especially high-traffic ones, I don't usually
have All Messages selected in the Show drop-down menu. It might be New,
or Last 5 Days, or some label. Nevertheless I do sometimes want to see
the context of a message (usually a new one but not always). IOW I want
to see the thread the message belongs to.

Currently the only way to be sure of getting everything is to select All
Messages. It would be nice to have the option of showing all messages in
the thread to which the current message belongs. I guess a really fancy
version would be to show *only* the thread (those familiar with Emacs
and its concept of "narrowing" will know what I mean), but it doesn't
need to be that elaborate.

Thoughts?

a) Select the subject of the message, paste it into the search field and
select all messages in the show drop down box.

b) Use the context menu to create a search folder, using e.g. the
subject as criterion.

--
thomas