Re: [Evolution] Removing attachments

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 08:35 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 17:51 +0530, Sarfraaz Ahmed wrote:
I'd like to know if there's any way of removing an attachment
from a received email. I'd like to save the attachment
somewhere and then delete it from the email to save space
Quite a silly suggestion.
Not at all. Several popular mail clients allow this, e.g. Claws. IIRC
it's supported by the IMAP protocol.

Sort of.  You can retrieve the message, delete the original message, and
repost the message stripped of the attachment.  The message contents
(other than the attachment and possible MIME demarcation headers) will
be identical but the UID of the message will change.

Of course the counter-argument is that by deleting the attachment you
don't have the original mail either.

+1  It depends on what you need the original message for.

 This is probably not important
unless the original is cryptographically signed, since the removal will
of course invalidate the signature.

Yep.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>