Re: [Evolution] unsubscribe

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 17:54 +0200, Alpar Juttner wrote:
On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 16:37 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El dÃa Tuesday, April 13, 2010 a las 09:34:13AM -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan escribiÃ:
However, you actually *can* unsubscribe via mail, see
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030537. Thus, someone
could unsubscribe from this list by sending a message (any message, it
doesn't matter) to <evolution-list-leave gnome org>.
However saying this is probably a waste of time since the intended
audience isn't going to read it.
Fully agree. This is just another example of: Nobody reads anything, who
does, will not understand in most of the cases, who understands, will
forget it soon. (based on Stanislav Lem, I think)
These "unsubscribe" emails are posted regularly and the answer is always
an angr
What about replacing this footer to something more informative instead
of blaming the users all the time for not clicking each and every link
the can see?

I blame the users, and I don't feel bad about it at all.  This is the
same list software used by the majority of lists AND ** they had to go
to that page to subscribe themselves! ***  Seriously,  "unsubscribe me"
posts are ridiculous.

But changing the footer to "To change your settings or unsubscribe..."
will at least make the ire even more justified [it won't actually help,
they still won't read it].