Re: [Evolution] how to remove contact lists

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 11:45 -0700, Tory M Blue wrote:
I want to delete, but it keeps saying I can't delete them.

       Hi,
what is your Evolution version? There were some fixes to allow delete
address books even the backend claims it failed. It should be in 2.28
for sure. Nonetheless, if you've that or newer version, then disable
your exchange account, close evolution, run 'evolution --force-shutdown'
and then open /apps/evolution/addressbook/sources in GConf editor, and
delete all the remaining groups which you do not like. Those system will
be recreated next start, thus no worry. Only make sure you'll not delete
the "On This Computer". Of course, making backup of that GConf key
before playing with it is a good thing to do.
       Hope that helps,
       Milan

Thanks Milan

I'm running 2.28.3

There was no sources file but I did find a %gconf.xml

.gconf/apps/evolution/addressbook/
completion/ display/    %gconf.xml

I've removed everything that I could find with exchange or "company"
in the .gconf directory and yet the address books remain (I think the
big deal is they are prompting for a password and it won't accept any
password that is known to me, so it won't allow me to delete?).

But I couldn't find a sources file/directory

Thanks for the response!

Tory