Re: [Evolution] Weird "message box" in Yahoo! messages

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 08:38 +0300, Razvan Deaconescu wrote:
Hi!
Messages I receive from a Yahoo! account that's sending them as HTML
messages are always wrapped in some weird message box that's preventing
me from doing inline posting. I've configured Evolution to format
messages as "Plain text" (see link[1]); formatting it as HTML is even
worse (see link[2]). Please note that this doesn't happen on other HTML
messages (from GMail, for example) or Yahoo! plain text messages.
The only workaround I've found is to copy&paste the message into an
editor, then copy it back and manually insert quotation marks (>).

<rant>
+1  Yep, this is pretty much my only gripe with recent versions of
Evolution [pretty much everything else works perfectly].  But even if I
pick text-only for replies I end up editing [or more like wrestling
with] the *#&@*(@# HTML edition of the message I am responding to.

For crying out loud why isn't there just a conver-to-text button.  I
have to highlight, select preformatted, then select normal, then edit in
quoting... it is really annoying.  And why do I end up with blank lines
in the e-mail that simply cannot be deleted at all by any means?
</rant>

Is there a "proper" way to do this? Can Evolution be configured to
render these messages so that it would be easy to do inline posting
without the copy&paste overhead?

Copy the text to gedit, edit it, copy it back.  I wonder if it would be
possible to create a plugin that would invoke gedit's editor?
--
openSUSE w/GNOME <http://www.opensuse.org/en/>
Linux for human beings who need to get work done.