Re: [Evolution] Printing Email Lists

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 13:27 -0400, Barbara Tobias wrote:
What I am trying to do is to copy the names and email addresses from a
fairly large list (from the window Evolution pops up when you access
the
list) to an Open Office Writer file so that I can easily send it to
the
members.  It is a group that frequently changes membership and new
members need to set up the info.  However, it is not large enough to
be
worth setting up one of the automatic email systems.

I tried copy and paste first because that seemed to be the easiest way
to go, but it will not let me select more than one name at a time.
When
I tried to copy that one name and paste it into a Writer file, nothing
happened.

I can probably accomplish the same thing by maintaining the list both
in
Evolution and in a Writer file--I was just hoping not to have to do

Just a guess on a work around.  When evolution encounters an exchange
group (distribution list) in addressing, it expands that group when
sending the email.  So when sending to an exchange list evolution
actually sends to the individual members of the group, not to the group
address.

Now, if it handles local lists the same way (and I don't know because I
don't use local lists), you could copy the list membership from the
resulting email.

--
Art Alexion
MIS