Re: [Evolution] Help with Evolution file locations

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 14:14 -0500, Phil Worsham wrote:
I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and Evolution 2.22.3.1 and need to know the
folder location of the address book data and email messages
themselves.
I have searched for .msf, .mbox and .msx files but I've had zero
results, using search and manually searching.
I need to copy these items to eventually import them into Outlook
Express.
I am not proficient in the Linux world but I'm an old DOS user so
command lines don't bother me.

Most likely your local address book is in
~/.evolution/addressbook/local/ Where your e-mail is depends on the type
of account - it will probably be some path like -
~/.
evolution/mail/imap/awilliam\ aleph wmmi net/folders/INBOX/

But it isn't a terribly good idea to go grousing around in the files,
particularly modifying them.  I believe you can access the data via
D-Bus if you want to access it without using the UI.