Re: [Evolution] A good way to rename categories?

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 09:48 +0200, Tomek Chrzczonowicz wrote:
I would like to rename some categories in Evolution. Is there a way I
can do that so that the tasks, memos and contacts assigned to those
categories would be automatically updated to the new category name?

Unfortunately not.  Currently a category's name is its only identifier.
So renaming a category is equivalent to deleting the old category and
creating a new one with the same icon.

For what you're asking we'd have to assign each category some other
unique ID which can't be changed and track them that way, which frankly
is the way it should have been designed in the first place.

Matthew Barnes