Re: [Evolution] Strange new folder

On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 15:44 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Open Edit->Preferences. If you subscribed to Gmane you'll see an account
(which could be called anything but should be something other than your
regular accounts). Click on the tick box to disable it and it will
disappear from the folder list.

If there is no such account, then something is screwed up but it's hard
to say what. In any case, if you're going to modify anything
under .evolution remember always to --force-shutdown first.

Something is screwed up.  I'll delete the folder (after shutting evo
down).

All mail folders are local.

Do you mean that all your mail is all POP-based, or that there's an
independent daemon doing local delivery?

All my mail is POP-based and stored locally.  I have run fetchmail in
the past, but not for the last few years.  Maybe it's time to try it out
again.

jon