[Evolution] Incoming Mail Bouncing with 550 error message

I do not believe this is really a problem with either Linux (Ubuntu
9.04) or Evolution (2.26.1), but thought I would check to see if anyone
else has encountered it.  I've been complaining about this to my ISP for
several months with no results.

A small percentage of incoming messages to me bounce with the error
message "550 - Too many non-mail commands."  I don't know what the
percentage is as there are probably bouncing messages that I never hear
about, but I am guessing around 2 to 4 percent.

Thanks.

        Barbara Tobias