Re: [Evolution] Top Post - Bottom Post [ was Re: stability/Jewett ]

El día Monday, October 12, 2009 a las 06:36:10AM -0400, Art Alexion
escribió:

Sometimes, indeed, some of us just can't.  Like now, when I am reading
mail on my Blackberry.

The BB inserts the entire uneditable quote below your response.

--
Art Alexion
MIS/Central Office Support

If this is really not configurable, you're using a buggy and wrong MTA.

I have noticed this on my BB as well and I haven't looked into the
configuration to see but I make it a personal note not to reply to lists on
my BB for this reason.

I know (from my colleagues) that even OutLook can not quote correctly
and you have to install some tool called OutLook QuoteFix, but then it
works. If the BB is not capable of this, I would either use an
OpenSource (Linux based) phone, the Openmoko Freerunner (which I'm
actually using) or an OpenSource base netbook, like the EeePC900 with
FreeBSD on it.

I would never use an gadget like the BB which is restricting me in that;

Just because it restricts you in 1 place doesn't mean its a horrible device.
I have used my BB for 2 years and find it much more accommodating than an
open source phone I have tried in the past.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211