Re: [Evolution] Top Post - Bottom Post [ was Re: stability/Jewett ]

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 06:36:10AM -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
Sometimes, indeed, some of us just can't.  Like now, when I am reading mail on my Blackberry.

The BB inserts the entire uneditable quote below your response.

What rubbish!  My very similar Nokia E71 allows me to bottom post
and/or edit the whole of the reply including quoted original message.

--
Art Alexion
MIS/Central Office Support
Resources for Human Development
(sent from my cell phone)

----- Original Message -----
From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org <evolution-list-bounces gnome org>
To: evolution-list gnome org <evolution-list gnome org>
Sent: Sun Oct 11 17:15:18 2009
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Top Post - Bottom Post [ was Re: stability/Jewett ]

Top Post - Good
                    Bottom Post - Good
Mixing Top Post and Bottom Post - Bad
How about a thread where some people top-post and others bottom-post
(leading to a mixture of both styles in the same quoted message)? If
that is bad, why don't we just standardize ...

Which is the entire point;  read any of the very good netiquette
documents (even RFCs!).

The *standard* is to bottom-post (or better: inline) your response.  But
that clearly isn't going to happen.  We could "just standardize" - you
just need to convince everyone who top-posts and also everyone who can't
trim signatures and extraneous crap from their replies.