[Evolution] names change using LDAP

Hi there,

I am in the process of setting up an LDAP-addressbook for a small
non-profit nature conservation group. The LDAP-server runs fine,
connecting to the addressbook also functions. But there is a strange
problem or feature I need some help with:

To illustrate the issue I start with a local addressbook and add a new
contact using the evolution GUI say for the Berlin Office of a company
called "The Big Wheel", and I fill in the name dialog as given name
"Berlin Office" and as family name "The Big Wheel". It is displayed as
"The Big Wheel, Berlin Office" exactly what I want. I can use the this
information to automatically generate address labels with openoffice,
everything perfect.

If I now do the same thing with an LDAP addressbook, things become
strange. The corresponding entry in the database has the following name:

CN: Berlin Office The Big Wheel
SN: The Big Wheel
fileAs: The Big Wheel, Berlin Office

This looks fine to me. But when I connect to the database the next time
the contact information is reread from the database and interpreted
differently from the original input: Now the given name is "Berlin" and
the middle initial "Office" while the family name remains "The Big
WheeL". For other names things can get completely mixed up. I nolonger
can generate useful address stickers as the name is split in different
parts.

Is this a known issue, can I somehow tell evolution to interpret the
part in front of the comma in fileAS as the family name and the rest as
given name (just the way I entered it in the GUI)? How does evolution
extract the name parts from the rather minimalistic information in the
ldap entry?

Any help or information is appreciated.

Cheers, Lars