Re: [Evolution] stability

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 09:04 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 07:00 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Obviously there is, the Bonobo-free branch was just trunked.  I imagine
[don't know] that such infrastructure work consumed a fair amount of
resources.

It did: a full year, off and on.

Also, we've suffered a significant loss of manpower -- and with it,
knowledge -- over the past year.  So in general things are taking a
little longer to fix as the remaining developers try to fill in the
gaps.  The state of virtual folders is a particularly sore spot.

That said, the project is alive and well and in many ways healthier than
ever.

Matthew Barnes

git branch gnome-2-28 has been quite stable and working very well for
me.  the recent backend changes did cause some discomfort, but the
issues that affected me the most seem to have been addressed.  I realize
that running from SCM is not the norm for most folks, but would hope
that the next distribution update including gnome-2.28 would remedy the
biggest issues.