Re: [Evolution] 19 GB .evolution folder size

Am Donnerstag, den 26.11.2009, 00:04 +0530 schrieb Bharath C J:
Hi,

My ~/.evolution folder size is around 19 GB. I have split the mail box
in such a way that no mbox is more than 1.8 GB. There are no
performance issues.

I don't know how to archive mail. I take regular backups.

Good, me too! And my .evolution is still fairly small. I wrote a small
script for myself to do incremental backups, i.e. files that have
changed, have been added since the last backup. See here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2009-November/msg00258.html

Should I be worried?? is there any hidden problem if I continue going
with the same......

is there a way to manage or archive my old mails....

Just go to Preferences (Ctrl-Shift-s) and create a new account. Choose
one of those mbox or maildir types and move the mail that you want to
have archived there.

Hope that helps.

--
thomas