[Evolution] Sending a reply to someone using Yahoo Mail

Hi For some reason when I try replying to emails of a friend who uses
Yahoo mail. I can't get Evo to do a line break.
ie. if I try to enter text after one of his comments Evo. automatically
inserts a > if I'm doing plain text or a | if I'm doing HTML mail. This
means it is hard to tell whether it is text I typed as a reply or text I
am replying to since both have the reply character in front of them. I'm
using EVo 2.26 on Kubuntu? Any ideas how to fix this? IT only seems to
happen with a Yahoo email address???

Jim