[Evolution] Contacts difficulties

Yet another issue crops up in my freshly installed 2.28.1 -
(under Karmic Koala on an AMD Athlon 2.something)
I can live with the system having somehow left behind
several of the Contacts from my old 1.7 or 1.4 or whatever
ancient Evo it was. I can always re-enter a handful.
And have already done so. Though I fail to understand why,
when copying across that data, it would take part of the list
and leave behind the rest.

But it is refusing to sort as I have asked - something the
old Evo never had a problem with. If I look at my individual
Contacts, the sort rules are exactly as I have set them up -
usually last name first for individuals, which naturally is the
default. But when I access the list, to insert an address into
an email message, not only are the Contacts being sorted by
*first* name, but some Contacts are not even included in
that list at all. Now *that*, folks, is hard to understand.

Understand what I am saying, here - these are contacts that
*are* on the master list and can be accessed in the Contact list
edit mode, and their presence verified, but which do not show up,
anywhere, in the pop-up list that is presented when attempting to load
the "To:" in an email.

What am I doing wrong?

I can supply more details if need be.....

Thanks,

Brewster

W. Brewster Gillett             bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.