Re: [Evolution] Pet peeve/message filters, read status order

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 08:53 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
Can someone else tell me if they're forced to set the message status
prior to doing anything else? If this is just how it's suppose to be
I'll settle for constantly tripping over this due to my own habit but
if it's a bug I'd really like to see it go away ;)

        Hi,
yup, it's correct behavior. Imagine the following:
You receive message A, which comes to your filters, and you do whatever
you want to this message A. You can copy it to folder B, then to folder
C, and then move it elsewhere. Changing any property after these
copies/move, would you like to have set the properties on all messages
in all folders or only on some of them? Evolution doesn't force you
anything, keeps all the decisions up to you, by applying your filter
actions to message A only.

In other words, having this done in evolution's way gives you a little
more freedom.
        Bye,
        Milan